Building my own Delphi Physics Engine part II

Going on with my DPE (Delphi Physics Engine) I've improved my old version (Building my own Delphi Physics Engine Part I) of the Jansen Mechanism by creating the rest of the legs displaced 120ยบ each one. I've been fixing the damping level of the framework just to be sure that the movements are as realistic as possible. In this version, the movement is quite realistic and we can trace the movement of the leg by plotting the kinetic analysis:

A physics engine is computer software that provides an approximate simulation of certain simple physical systems, such as rigid body dynamics (including collision detection), soft body dynamics, and fluid dynamics, of use in the domains of computer graphics, video games and film. Their main uses are in video games (typically as middleware), in which case the simulations are in real-time. The term is sometimes used more generally to describe any software system for simulating physical phenomena, such as high-performance scientific simulation. Wikipedia.

Here you can see the CGI result with the hanging version of the Jansen mechanism with one leg and with three legs:

And the final version with the development of the Jansen machine. In this version (Thundax Test Forces v2.exe) if you press 'p' the machine will start walking and if you want to change direction, you only need to press the 'z'.

What's next?. Now I'll try to reproduce different physics systems and show how it goes. The Easy Java Simulations tool, offers a wide range of examples that I would like to try.
Enjoy the learning!.

Related Links:

Comments

Popular Posts